Thursday, August 25, 2005

For One Who Has Gone

For a friend, who can never and shall never be replaced..

the chill of night, veils my remembrance
brings out a decade of memories
so it is created, in this forest of existence
a friendship within this struggle

my faith is your provision
your whisper is full of hope
there is nothing that separates
all that happens is God's might

nature as if understands
all that has been willed
the dew drips warm sympathy
this meeting has no beginning and end still

this verdict of bloodshed i accept
as a flower withers within
in this vast field i feel the emptiness
im stilled with sorrow

i'll plant a seedling of fragrance
whose flower shall be my heart
may u lay in peace
my strength will always be with you

i shall heave your mortal remains upon my shoulders
and lay down the tombstone of true friendship
your strength will always remain with me
forever more

the dust of night robs the nostalgia
waking me from my dreams
a friendship within this struggle
you will be forever, my true friend

translated from Srikandi Cintaku-May

May his sins be forgiven and his soul be blessed.
Amin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home